For the babies in your life, we have you covered.
I used so many of these for my girls when they were young, looking at them takes me back! Oh, how many times did I roll those coloured wheels with bells along the floor for them to chase (you know, or stare at me while I fetched!)
For what it was worth, my youngest’s favourite things at 1 were advertising material. But whenever I asked anyone to wrap that up for her, I’d get the terrible stare that lets me know I’ve gone too far. So these were our suggestions!
3. Swing Hours of entertainment here! And these swings last until they are, well my eldest is 6 and she still fits in my Mum’s one!
4. Keptin Jr Organic Cotton rattle doll and transitional object for sleeping – I didn’t go anywhere without one of these (we had multiple, just in case!). I wore it for the first few days and then it rested underneath my little one’s face and she’d nuzzle into it every time she went to sleep.
6. Evi Cuddle Doll (also a great transitional object once they can grasp and hold, my youngest loved hers from about 9 months on)
8. Basket (to put things in and take them out of again!)
10. Pip the Gnome Board Book This book is darling, the drawings are just lovely, my youngest and I really enjoyed it.
11. Ostheimer Figures (they are waterproof too, so can go into the bath and are completely non-toxic so they can also go into their mouths – they come in natural/unpainted if you want to be extra sure)
12. Silk Baby Ball
13. Pikler Ball (these are great to hang from ribbon so your bub can bat at them as they begin to be able to use their arms)
14. Playsilks (for everything! To put into the basket, to hang over lamps, to hold onto and cuddle into these will last for years. When me eldest turned one, I sewed her a bunch of different coloured silks using my grandmother’s overlocker, she is still playing with them now, the games have just evolved with her)
What are your favourite things for bubs?